Friday, April 23, 2004

The Flood Gates Open

Thank God! I thought I'd have to carry this water for the rest of my life! This morning, just for the heck of it, I stepped on the scale. I'm at 167.5, which means the water has left the building. I hope the number is just as nice, if not better, by Wednesday.

For the past week, my gym has been doing this "spring promotion" thing, you know the kind: "Let's reel them in with lots of giveaways and great service, then sit them down for the contract talk where we make them sign their lives away for one year or more". However many bells and whistles are rung, it always come down to the same end. Luckily, I can benefit from all of the hoopla. They've had smoothies and teriyaki bowls, so they've essentially bought my lunch for the past couple of days. How nice of them to do that for me. Lots of veggies, grilled chicken, white rice with a dash of teriyaki. It's the perfect compliment to a pretty decent Friday.

Tomorrow, we're coming back into town to buy tile and trim for the basement. My husband is so excited, but I am just not feeling it. Hopefully, my vibe will change...hopefully.

0 comments: