Thursday, April 15, 2004

Innerspace Realization

Does anyone remember that goofy 80's movie, Innerspace, with Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid? (I think their working together on this movie, eventually led to their marriage). Anyway, I was thinking about the general concept of that idea, today. What if I could travel inside myself. What would I find? The obvious, certainly, but I think something else. My husband gave me a nice compliment last night, but being a woman, I have analyzed it to death. I've been thinking about if I've allowed my weight to hinder me from being my true self. Is my skinny true self trapped inside the large me? And now that the small me is trying to resurface, will she bring out things in me that I've been hiding? I really wonder.

I think, overall, that I'm me no matter what. It's WYSIWYG with me most of the time, but now I'm thinking that because I'm starting to feel better and feel better about me, I'm expressing myself differently. Will it continue? Will I be able to recognize when I am doing this? I'm not going to stress over it too much, but it was on my mind.

Today I'm wearing, what I call, my "get it girl" jeans. They're wide leg and snug, rather than baggy. A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't get them past my hips. I was brave to wear them. I'm thinking that by lunch, the button may strain to close. Let's pray I can get them back on and secure them successfully, after I go to gym. Oh, and they're a size 11.

0 comments: