Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Joys of Water Retention

Well, I'm up a pound and I know exactly why (can you guess?). This is probably TMI but, yesterday I downed my 64 ounces of pseudo water (as usual) and for the first time, it wasn't clear (you know, when I saw it the second time). It's always clear, that's why I let myself get away with drinking the stuff. I told hubby about it this morning, and he said, "Yep. That's what's happening. You're retaining water." Great. No more 160's for a week or so, I'm guessing. On top of that, I left my water bottle at home. It was a crazy morning anyway because hubby has my car and I have his monster truck. I was so nervous about driving it that I pretty much forgot everything. So, I'll have to hope I get the 64 ounces down by drinking out of a glass. I know that sounds weird, but I'm such a creature of habit.

Cross your fingers that the water is all gone by next weigh-in. I'm starting to get lots of compliments and I'm afraid I'll get all cocky and stop what I'm doing (you should know, most things work in the opposite for me). Where most people would be driven forward by compliments, I would think (subconsciously, of course), "Oh. I look terrific! Now, I can go back to eating buckets of burritos and Chinese food." I don't think that will happen this time, since my ultimate goal is to be "Hot By 30", but you never can tell (the creature of habit, thing). The other goal is to break bad habits, which I think I'm doing quite well. I just have to keep saying, "I may look good now, but I can look even better!"

0 comments: