Monday, April 05, 2004

Red Lobster and Chinese Gourmet

The weekend started off, well enough but then these to demons and dress came to conquer me. My mother, daughter and I went to Red Lobster on Friday for lunch. I had the create-a-combo with double shrimp scampi and rice pilaf. My mother ordered the salmon-in-a-bag (which, now that I think about it and know the calorie count for shrimp scampi, should have been what I ordered too). My daughter had the mac-n-cheese with veggies (oh, to be a kid again). I was rather disappointed when they brought out my daughter's lunch. It looked like Kraft macaroni and cheese! (You know, that cylindrical pasta you can't get in a bag). For nearly $6.00, I could have made that and steamed some veggies my damn self.

With my tossed salad, I had the balsalmic vinaigrette dressing. The problem arose when they placed those sinful, bay cheddar biscuits in front of me. What was I to do? I couldn't deny myself. One would be okay, right? Well, one turned into three. Do you know that one biscuit has 16 grams of fat? So, three is like eating a whopper with cheese. Oh, well. Saturday went much better and I ate sensibly. Sunday, hubby took the family to Chinese Gourmet (my other weakness. Oh, how I love Chinese!). In my quest for thinness, however, I have learned which Chinese delicacies are better for you. Therefore, I had the beef and broccoli with steamed rice. Not denying myself of anything, I had two little General Tso's chicken pieces and one wanton with cheese. This would have been fine, had I not gone up for one more serving of rice with beef and broccoli. Oh, the humanity!

I'll tell you what, though, I am paying for it today. Getting on the treadmill was a total struggle. My body was still trying to break down the broccoli so my tummy was in turmoil (and informed me of it, every 30 or 40 strides). A couple of tums and a shower later, I was feeling more like myself.

Even though the weekend was mostly a bust, I did calculate my extra calories burned and boy, was I surprised. An extra 1900 calories, not bad. Those mid day jaunts to the gym are really bringing that number to a nice high. I wonder, even after the weekend, if Wednesday will give me a decent enough number dropped (if any). I'd settle for a "no change" to "a gain" any day, especially after the weekend like the one I had; however, if what I've read about the "Wendy Plan" is true, this just aided in shaking things up (am I justifying, or what). Perhaps I'll have done even better than I thought (don't get your hopes up, yeah, I know).

0 comments: