Thursday, July 29, 2004

PMS Queen

Oh, lovely. The first day of my vacation and I'm riding the crimson wave. Why oh why does this happen during the most inopportune times. Yuck!

Yesterday evening got off to a great start. Hubby, the babe and I decided to go the the Mayan for dinner. It's a theme restaurant we used to visit a bit before we moved so far away. The babe was quite young, the last time we were there. She thoroughly enjoyed it last night. Afterwards, we went on a short drive then, back to my office to pick up my car. Somewhere between the short, pleasant ride and my office, hubby and I started to bicker. By the time I got to my car, it was a small battle. We've been at each other ever since. Of course, I know part of it is the PMS and I try to tell him that I have no control over it (except, of course, when drugs like Pamprin or Motrin are involved). He claims that I can control it. Men! What in hell do they know about hormonal imbalances...they're cruising on the same levels of testosterone all the time. They never have to worry about the influx of estrogen and the overwhelming need to consume barrels of salt and sugar (yep. The Mexican food was great last night with all of its wonderful salt, but I'm certainly feeling it today).

I hope the day gets better. I honestly don't know what to expect, since our plans have gone totally to crap. We talked about doing a few things, but who knows. Hubby is at the gym, working out some of his manly aggression and I'm here in my nightgown blogging. I did take the babe to the park, this morning and I also walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes (partially because I knew I needed to, partially because of all the fattening foods I consumed last night, and partially because of the need to work out some womanly aggression).

Oh, and since I didn't blog yesterday, I might as well tell you...no change. The lovely 159 I saw on Sunday was a passing fancy. I think the BBQ we had showed up on weigh day. Perfect! Three weeks at the same number. But hey, I walked nearly an hour, right? (Keep thinking positively, keep thinking positively, keep thinking positively, keep thinking...).

0 comments: