Tuesday, July 27, 2004

eBay Overload

Well, sort of. I placed a bid on two items and sort of forgot that I did. Of course, I received notification today that I won both items. Yeah, it's great but I really don't have the extra funds for this stuff. I suppose I should except them both for what they are...investments. I bought a large print for our bedroom. It's a reproduction of Farel Pierre's "Rive Guache". He has others that I wouldn't mind owning, but I'll have to go slowly (since I've already gone above and beyond any spending I thought I would do this week). I also bought my Mary Kay items (finally). It's all the goal items I've missed out on, all in one shot.

Hubby is training me today and tomorrow (since I will be off from work Thursday through Monday). He's trying to get it all in, so that we can enjoy our vacation. Doesn't look like Vegas is going to happen since mom and sis bailed on us. All that planning and effort, down the drain. Oh, well. Hubby and I are going to try and make the best of it. We'll make lemonade out of all those dang lemons.

Not sure how often I'll come in and blog on those days. I'll try to make every effort to because the lifestyle change doesn't end, just because you go on vacation. The hard work and effort have to be a part of your daily life despite changes and hiccups. I still plan to get up and do a walk or jog on the treadmill. If not the treadmill, a swim or a hike...anything to keep active and fit. I've come too far to stop now. Hey, I'm nearly back to college weight and before you know it, it will be highschool size all over again (except, better because I'm missing two cup sizes...thank the Lord for that!).

Today will be busy at work because boss-man is trying to lay it all on me before I leave. Not that this is a bad thing, it just means I've got to focus the entire day. I'm having a hard time doing that, this week. I think I'm already on vacation mentally.

0 comments: