Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The Train Wreck AKA My House

Paint, paint everywhere! The weekend was filled with painting. We painted our room Cinnamon and the trim is called Nutmeg (can we say, spicy room?). Okay, too corny. Anyway, it looks fantastic. We'll be putting up the border on Wednesday (the room has to "cure" for 72 hours, before you can paste a border). 
 
The bathrooms are soft coral and my hubby is ultra pleased...so pleased, in fact, that he's ready to paint yet another room. Yikes! Our house is a mess! Furniture everywhere, drawers from the furniture everywhere. We've been sleeping on the living room floor for the past two evenings. This is so not cool for someone who is not outdoorsy and has never been camping (and has no desire to do so). If nothing else, it has been quite romantic.  I don't know what it is about sleeping in a different place that can get people in the mood.
 
I was out of the office, yesterday (hence, the missing post).  I did a bad, bad thing and had Wendy's and Carl's Jr. over the weekend. That stuff is no good, I tell you. Especially for someone who's system is becoming quite the well, oiled machine.  But something good did come out of my binge weekend....
 
Sunday was youth Sunday.  My sister was asked to present her trip to the congregation and, yours truly, was asked to introduce her.  Therefore, I knew I needed to look extra cute, and I'd already worn my prettiest dress last Sunday. So, off to Ross I went. I found the cutest dress, but they only had it in two sizes: 8 and 12. Where was the ten? Ughh.  Here's the dilemma: Do I dare take the 8 into the dressing room and risk the devastation, when the dress decides my hips are not worthy? Or, do I go in with the 12 and risk looking like I'm wearing a pretty tent. I bucked up and took the 8 in. Low and behold, it fit. It looked fantastic, even. It may have been cut a bit large, but I was just so thrilled to be in an 8 that I didn't care. I wore it on Sunday and received mucho compliments.  What a boost! Now, if I could just get into those size 8 CKs my hubby bought for me.
 
Meanwhile, I've not quite gotten back on the wagon. I had French toast and bacon for breakfast. I was so famished!  I think that I'll be okay, if I watch it for the remainder of the week. Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm not expecting miracles, but I'm still really happy about the size 8.
 
 

0 comments: