Thursday, July 08, 2004

How to Cope?

Has anyone written a book about this in general, because I'm certainly in need of some tips. What is up with me today? I feel like utter crap...not physically, but emotionally. That trapped feeling settled upon me this morning like a tornado over a house and it's pretty much ripping me to shreds. I've been snippy with my husband and less than patient with my daughter. Even the dog is getting a bit of this lashing. I don't know what to do. I barely made it out of the car when the tears started to well up. It's not like this is PMS, so is it a hormone dump?

I think part of it is knowing that there are a couple of people who are, so fortunate for them, leaving this place. I am a bit jealous about it (especially because I've wanted to leave so badly for such a long time), but this can't be the only thing that's making me feel this way, could it? I think I'll call my hubby and try to talk to him. It's something that I find so hard to do, sometimes. Not because he's unwilling to listen, but because I know the kinds of burdens he carries too. How anyone is able to do his job as long as he has and keep sane is beyond me. My issues seem a trifle in comparison to his. Why do I diminish my feelings, you ask? Well, I don't see it as diminishing. I see it as sparing my husband of the boredom of my issues. When he has to witness hangings at work, my biggest gripe is that the management is passive aggressive. What would you do?

Anyway, I'd better call him now before I decide it's not worth it. If I don't, he'll be snippy with me for not talking to him about this earlier. It's a no win situation I'm facing, here.

0 comments: