Friday, July 23, 2004

Sick of Painting

Last night, I painted the trim in both bathrooms (something hubby was going to tackle but instead, injured himself somehow. Then he decided that, despite injury,  he'd get the side-by-side refrigerator set up - connecting the hose so that the ice maker and water dispenser work). This ended up in an argument, all because he needed me to do something (what for, I don't know) and I was towards the end of painting and he couldn't wait 2 minutes for me to finish. When I get into the kitchen, he's all pissy with me because he says he needed me right when he called, but he doesn't need me know.  I ask him repeatedly if there is anything I can do, and he's barely saying anything. Then, when I ask him if he's going to be pissed at me for the rest of the night, he says, "No, because I won't be here the rest of the night." Oh, nice. Granted, he'd told me earlier he was going out with his friend (something he rarely does), but he just said it to make me even more upset. Well, it worked.  Whatever!

I woke up this morning all motivated to walk on the treadmill and burn off some steam, when the damn thing won't start. Then, I try it again and the belt tries to go around, then crunch! What the hell? I think one of my daughter's toys somehow got caught in the belt when we moved the treadmill back into the play room. Great! Our $600 treadmill maybe junked and I opted not to pay for the Sears Maintenance Agreement. What am I supposed to do now? It's the reason I've been able to stay with my plan...knowing that I have this great piece of equipment that will allow me to exercise and won't fail me. Talk about a great start to a morning. Well, at least I got the laundry all folded (oh so, sad).

I stepped on the scale and I'm down 1/2 a pound. It may change by tomorrow or the next day, but I couldn't even get excited about it. I want my treadmill up and running, dammit. I wanted to get a good walk in on Saturday, since I missed so many morning workouts this week. Perhaps I'm just a bit obsessed. I don't know. Just thinking about it is pissing me off again.

The other part of this is that hubby will sometimes keep his pissy attitude for days at a time (he's such a Gemini!). Meanwhile, it's more effort to stay pissed at him than it is to try and make-up, but he's so freaking hard-headed! Ughh! God, I hope this isn't a prelude to the entire weekend. I don't think I can stand it!

Here's to hoping the weekend gets better (please, please let it get better)...



0 comments: