Friday, July 02, 2004

Hips..Hips...Away!

Guess what? I tried on three pairs of size 8 jeans and pants this morning. I could get every pair on, but couldn't close them. What an accomplishment! Just a few months ago, I couldn't get a size 8 past my thighs, much less past my waist. Woohoo! I'm so psyched that I'm nearing a new size. Oh, the clothes I will wear! I have about three summer dresses that are in a size 8 (and I've never worn them...hubby bought them as motivational purchases. Goals to reach for, as it were). At the time, I was like, "Please, man. I'll never get my big butt into those dresses." But, now I see that it's not far off. Who knew?

I've been eyeballing those old/new draped halter tops that are so trendy now.(I say old/new because they first showed up in the 70's and 80's. Of course, the look is catered to the twenty-first century, now). They're gorgeous, but not for the timid. I think that will be one of my next clothing purchases, if I can come up with the money. I have no clue where I'll wear one of these. If we end up going to Vegas this summer, maybe we'll go clubbing or something. At least, I know I can get away with it there.

I'll be at mother's for the fourth, extended weekend. I've already planned in my head what I'll eat. I hope I can stick with it cause that's always the trick.

I have a huge zit on the side of my jaw that seems to have taken on a life of its own. It's so painful, too. I just want it to disappear, but that's unlikely. I know this is probably way too much information, but I'm always happy to share the little details. Maybe a weekend of Turkey-burger munching and watermelon eating will appease it, then it will disappear into the underdermis unknown.

0 comments: