Friday, July 09, 2004

Confessions

I did as I said. I called hubby right away, after my emotional rant on yesterday's blog. He was unavailable. Unavailable? What the heck does that mean? (Riots or no riots, he's got to club whomever's causing the drama and come and talk to his emotionally distressed wife.) Talk about adding salt to the wound! Anyway, he called about fifteen minutes later to see what was up. By then, I had pretty much self-counseled myself back into sanity. I was still nonetheless pleased that he called back to check on me.

By 2:30, it was training time. I went through two circuit training cycles, while still maintaining my speedy heart rate. Hubby kept saying I was doing great than called later to tell me again. Boy, what a little ego-boosting will do for the soul is beyond amazing! I think the combination of the ego-boosting and the endorphins from the workout really brought me out of the dumps. Today, it's much better. I walked on the treadmill and then had pancakes for breakfast (so you know, all is right with the world). I've got to keep positive, if I'm to stick this out for the next few months. I just wish it didn't have to be so difficult. "Anything worth having is worth working for"...I know, I know, dammit.

Tomorrow is the yard sale. I've been ripping my house apart getting ready for it. There was so much junk...and shoes! Lord, the shoes! Shoes I haven't worn or seen for ages. I even found a pair with the price tag still on them. There a size 10 that hubby bought me, by accident. (How do you confuse a size 8.5 with a size 10, especially when it's numbered on the shoe with a big circle around it??) I took them to my mother's to give to my sister (she's the Big Foot in the family).

There were also tons of baby toys. I hope that we can make a little money off of some of this stuff tomorrow. If not, it's going to the D.I. (That would be Deseret Industries, for non-Utah type folk. Just think of it as the Salvation Army or Thrift store for Mormons). I don't want any of that stuff back in my house.

Oh, and in the midst of my grief and despair yesterday, I did search through the classifieds again. I do that when the trapped feeling hits me. I did find a publisher's position for the local paper in my town. It's a position that starts in a few months, which would definitely give me enough time to find a new daycare in my city for the babe. I'm a little leary of applying, simply because the details of the position weren't really given and you have to mail your resume and references to a guy, somewhere in South Carolina. I think he owns the company that owns lots of little papers across the U.S. If things don't change, there won't be any small businesses left with the giants that keep buying them out. But enough politics....

My legs and arms are so sore today. That workout must have really hit home. I don't think I was this sore on Wednesday (after working out with hubby on Tuesday) and I'm sure walking wasn't as difficult as it's proving to be today. Phew! I hope I don't fall down somewhere. I do hope that it makes a difference in the numbers. It would be so nice to see a big change again on the scale, like I did when I first started. Here's to hoping!

0 comments: