Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Slow as Molasses

Down another pound. I took a look at my stats page and realized that it's taken four months to lose this "second batch" of ten. Goodness! That's some kind of plateau. The weight training should make a difference...at least I'm hoping it will. It's a change from what I've been doing, and that's the only way to break a plateau. I'd hate to think that it will take me till November to reach the lower 150s. Yikes!

Today is the babe's field trip to the Aquarium. Hubby is going as a chaperone and was so excited that he didn't go straight to bed. Isn't that cute? Gosh, looking at him you'd never know he was as big of a kid as he is. My daughter is so excited too. She gets a big kick out of getting to ride the bus. Lord, if she only knew what horrors the cheese wagon can bring.

I've been watching "I Love the 90's" on VH1 this week. It's been so strange. Last night was '93, the year I graduated from high school. Their big discussions were on Crystal Pepsi and The X-Files. Amazing! Some of that stuff was so nostalgic. I can't believe it's considered retro already. When I was growing up, the question to mom and dad was, "Did they have T.V. when you were little?". My daughter will be asking, "Did they have the internet when you were little?" I know I'll feel really old, when I say. "No. There was no internet. No chatrooms. In fact, computers weren't even in color. The screens were black and green." Then, she'll run to school to tell her friends how old her mother is. Dark ages, baby!

My goal rewards are all screwed up. You know, I supposed to get the Superman collection on the first goal. The order was (I thought) for the DVD set. Instead, I received the VHS. Brand new, but not what I wanted. The latest goal is for the Satin Hands set; but, I feel like I never got my first goal item. I think I'll sell it back and use the money to get one of those drape halters I've been eyeing. If we go out of town this summer (to somewhere not so prudish) hubby and I can go out in the evening I can look like I actually have sense of style. We'll see. I'm having a time trying to find the right style and color. They're either too expensive or too revealing.

An interesting phenomenon? I'm smaller, despite the one pound. I think I read somewhere that part of a plateau, also has to do with your body catching up to your new, lesser weight. Your organs readjusting, your skin shrinking...something like that. I'll have to see if I can find where I read that again. If that's the case, then I hope things pick up after the readjustment has completed. Oh! And, my skin has stopped exploding. I look like a half-way decent girl again.

0 comments: