Tuesday, July 06, 2004

If I were a WWer

...I would have seriously been on the Wendy Plan this weekend. Talk about fluctuations! Friday was normal and so was Saturday (going over the norm about 300 calories). Sunday was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1800 calories and yesterday (which would have been my splurge day) was closer to normal. TOM showed up Sunday and I'm pretty sure it was reeking all sorts of havoc with me. It's indigestion overdrive today and it feels like someone is rolling a balloon around inside my stomach. Ugh! I took some tums yesterday to try and help, but it came back with a vengeance.

So, I'm a little afraid to weigh on Wednesday. What if it says 163 again? I don't know if I can take it, even with the knowledge that it's probably water weight. That number signifies evil to me, now. My own personal triple six.

Despite all that drama, the weekend was nice. It was relaxing and calm, which was just what I wanted. This morning, I had a little trouble motivating myself to come in today. It's to the point where I find no joy or any flicker of it when coming to work. I rode in thinking, "God, how I wish I didn't have this commute. Why aren't there any jobs in my city that pay me what I'm worth?" You know, the same old stuff. I need a vacation, desperately!

The glimmer of light was hearing that Kerry chose Edwards to be his running mate in the primary's. For someone who isn't very political, I wanted to jump for joy when I heard this. I suspect if I had, I would have been greeted with unwanted stares from the cars across from me.
(Tried posting this morning. Hopefully, it just took now).

0 comments: