Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Will I Have Satin Hands?

No change today on the scale and I am so grateful. I really thought that nasty little three would sneak up on me, but it didn't. This means that I'm more likely to see a nice drop on the scale next Wednesday, after TOM makes it's exit.

My next 10% goal item is the Satin Hands Pampering Set from Mary Kay. I'm not a huge Mary Kay fan, but I've loved this stuff since college. I've bought other items, but never this set (in college, anything over ten dollars is a small fortune)! The set includes four items. These four items work together to exfoliate and soften your skin. It's heavenly and the one set that is probably worth the money you spend.

In recent years, I've described this set to others, hoping that they would catch the hint and purchase it for my Birthday or for Christmas. What was I thinking? This is one of those things you never get unless you get it yourself. Yes. There are consultants galore and one who has been hounding me for about two months now, but there's also eBay (thank the Lord for eBay). There, I can get it for half the price or less. What in the world did we ever do before eBay?

Last night, we moved the old stove out of the house and put the new one in, only to find that this plug doesn't fit either. What the hell? Hubby was so frustrated he went storming out of the house and down the street to our neighbor's house, Ryan. (Ryan is an electrician.) I tried to wait up for him, but found myself drifting off to sleep before he came back. When I woke up, he was getting ready for work. He said Ryan would get the correct plug for us, so I hope to have a functioning stove when I get home this evening.

Finally, I saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre this past weekend. Hubby bought the new one, but I insisted on seeing the original first (I'd never seen it before, which is an utter sin I'm told for a connoisseur of horror). I've not taken the time to write a review yet because I'm still having gross-out flashes. Once those go away, I hope to be able to give my opinion to you.

0 comments: