Sunday, July 14, 2013

Holding On Tight

I suppose the cleanse is working because I feel good, but there are no results yet in terms of loss. I don't know if I'll even have a loss. The amount of liquids I'm drinking and for as much as I went to the bathroom yesterday, I expected at least something; however, I did have a lot of salty vegetables. What's the rule? "In order to hold one teaspoon of salt, the body requires one liter of water."

The cleanse itself tastes a lot like Neuro Water. I was a little worried because the reviews were all over the place in terms of the taste. One person said it tasted like Sunny Delight, while another said it tasted like Gatorade. Still another said it tasted like gelatin (yuck). It's not something I'd want to drink all the time but, I can certainly do it for a couple of days. As for results, some reviewers said they expected what you expect with a cleanse and it worked great. Others were expecting pounds of loss and were disappointed when that didn't happen. My expectations are to clear the works before I start my next round. That's about it.

Yesterday, I drank the cleanse as instructed; between meals, four times per day mixed with 2 ounces of water. For breakfast, I had a not-so-very-good Red and Delicious apple. I ate half of it, then trashed the rest. We were participating in my work-city's parade and I was running like a mad woman behind the back of a fire truck, throwing candy. Did I mention that we were getting surprise thunderstorms through out? Not only was I sweating a bunch, but I was completely soaked by the time we made it back to the station.

They then had a barbecue, which I didn't eat a thing. We got home around 2:00pm, and I had another apple as well as a can of corn (haven't seen the return of that, even with my probiotic yesterday). In the evening, I had stir-fry veggies and Miso soup. Very good, but very salty. There is no mystery here. I am a salt harboring barge!

Today, I will be shopping for some more fruit, a bit of steak and fish for the week (I like the steak/hamburger for lunch and chicken/fish for dinner) as well as a small bottle of full, fat milk for my coffee. I only get one tablespoon per day, so that's going to be at full potency. Tonight, I'll mix up my vial and figure out what to eat for loading. My hope is to repeat some of the more successful loads I've had in the past. It's sort of surreal to think about how much I love the foods I chose for loading, but had a hard time getting them down. I look forward to recreating that phenomena.

0 comments: