Thursday, March 03, 2005

Heart to Heart

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them-- every day begin the task anew. -Francis de Sales

This is my mantra, right now. It's so true. I have a hard time (the OCD personality that I am) accepting that things aren't always going to be explained or rational, when it comes to relationships. Sometimes they just do whatever they're going to do. You would think I'd already have a grasp of this, being married and all but, little miss stubborn is still having issues...they're improving, but issues nonetheless.

I'm up two pounds from last week, due to the splurge over the weekend. Hubby took me to lunch yesterday and I maintained control, thank goodness. With him training for his show, he's very particular about what he eats and even more so, when we go out. We went for Chinese. He had the Chicken and green beans plate, with a side of Chicken skewers. Protein fest! I had the Beef and Broccoli with lo mein and wontons. We both had the egg flower soup as well. Not bad for lunch and quite filling. Next week, I'll be back in the swing of my workouts. I have been going at lunch (except for yesterday), but I haven't done my morning walks since before I got sick. I'll be happy to have those back again. I'm getting soft and I don't like it one little bit.

This weekend, the babe begins her swimming lessons again. She's excited and so am I. I'll be glad when we can swim together and I can do it without worrying about her too much. I hope that happens soon. We're also (supposedly) having company over this weekend. We'll see. She has a habit of canceling out.

My hubby is so sweet! He put my lunch together last night when he came home from work. It was his off-day, but he worked an overtime shift from 6:00pm to 10:00pm, came home, then went back out to his part-time job and worked 2 hours. Amazing! He came home at around 1ish, washed the dishes and made my lunch. What a prince. (Don't worry...I know how fortunate I am). We're supposed to be going out of town next week. I'm looking forward to getting out of the state for a bit. I always feel so recharged when I do. The babe will enjoy it too, no doubt.

Here's to better days ahead!

0 comments: