Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter Bliss

Yesterday was lovely...well, except for hubby being upset with me (it's a long story involving opinions and the non-acceptance of them). Anyway, I spent Saturday night doing the babe's hair for yesterday. Normally, I interlock pre-braided hair into hers but this time, I plated hers up and snipped ringlets from weave tracks I purchased and interlocked those into her hair. Super cute! The only problem is that the hair is really slick, so I couldn't tie it off, I just fed it through and hoped against hope it wouldn't fall out at church. (I did find ringlets around the house) The babe looked absolutely beautiful! On our trip to Vegas, a couple of weekends ago, we bought her Easter shoes - a strappy sandal with a rhinestone bow and clear heels...yes, heels. She asked me yesterday morning, "Mommy, are these my glass slippers?" She truly looked like Cinderella. (when I get a picture prepared, I will post...I promise)

I didn't work out all weekend, yet this morning I woke up feeling smaller. It could just be my imagination. I plan on working out (treadmill style) this evening, since today I was supposed to visit my co-worker who just had her baby. She left me a message saying she has a funeral to attend, so she can't do lunch with me today. Bummer! Now, I'll have to figure out something cheap and healthy to eat. (I know, good luck).

We had sun and blue skies all weekend but today it's looking very much like it did last Monday...gloomy and dark. The weather guy says we're getting another series of storms. I guess that's good, but I am missing the sun.

It's very quiet in my office today. My boss isn't coming in, the admin for the provost is still on vacation, the mentors aren't here and my sidekick doesn't come in until the latter half of the day. I guess I should take advantage of the quiet time and do some major work, right? Nah....

0 comments: