Monday, March 07, 2005

Smoggy day but, Spring is on the way!

Even though the air appears as if someone took a big stogie the size of a skyscraper and smoked it atop the American Stores tower, the sun is burning bright...bright enough to disintegrate the smog, I hope. Only four days this week for me. I can't wait to get out of here! I'm really feeling restless and I'm so glad hubby is taking me and the babe along for the ride this weekend (a business trip of sorts, I think I mentioned before). Anyway, I'm really needing a real vacation, but this will be okay for now.

The weekend's eating was fine until Saturday evening. My company, who was supposed to be at my house by 3, got there at 10 to 8. By then, I was ready to eat the counter-top...consequently, I feasted well on the Tamale pie she brought (highly fattening). Sunday, we went to Golden Corral, but dinner was Chinese. Each time I ate well, but I'm holding water (I'm close to my visit with TOM, so I have to be sure to drink a lot of water this week). I've gotten through almost 16 ounces this morning, and it's just a few minutes after 8. Not bad.

I'm hopeful that the week will go okay. I want to have a good week because I'm really getting ancy about my job. I watch people race to work in the morning traffic to get their jobs and I wonder, "Man, they must really love their jobs to want to go 85 mph to get there." It seems bizarre to me, but then I remember that once upon a time I really loved my job too and raced to get there everyday. Hmmm. I can't even imagine that, now. I'm in no hurry to get here, but I'm in an awful hurry to leave. I'm sure I'm not alone in my sentiments.

I've got a lot to do, so the load should help in speeding the week along...gosh, I hope so. Here's to being overly hopeful!

0 comments: