Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy

What is it about clouds and rain that make you want to roll over and sleep for a week? It was super hard getting up this morning and I know it's because of this continuous rain we're experiencing. When I went out to start the car and opened the garage, the ground and roofs of my neighbor's houses were dusted white, so the snow is still coming too. The mountains are receiving phenomenal totals. For those who ski, this is great news. It's also good because we've been in a drought for the past six years and this may be the last bit of water we need to declare us, officially, drought free.

Today is legs day. I'm thinking quads, hamstrings, adductors and abductors - 4 or five sets. I also think I'll save the abs for home, but perhaps I'll work them into the routine today. Can't hurt! A few inches off the tummy more would be nice (I've already, in just two weeks, lost about an inch around my waist). I'd like to make my back smaller too. I have a big back, for some reason. Hubby says I don't, but it's always felt massive to me. In fact, when trying on my bridesmaid dress at David's Bridal last night, the 10 fit fine, but the dang zipper would not go up. I put on the 12 - more breathing room, but the zipper still struggled. Finally, she brought me a fourteen. A fourteen! That worked beautifully. She then commented that this particular style of dress is cut pretty small. I didn't feel so bad after hearing that (not that I felt bad to begin with. The dress looked absolutely fabulous on me...even now!)

What's really sad is that (in my fourteen) I'm the smallest bridesmaid, coming a close second to the matron of honor (the bride's sister). She's a light-weight and I'm about medium. The others are large and in charge, according to the bride (one of them is going to be in a size 22, for heaven's sake). Wow! I don't think I've ever known what's it's felt like to be the smallest horizontally (vertically, I'm almost always the smallest).

I'll look forward to returning to the shop for alterations, only because I hope the person doing them says, "Gosh, honey. I think we should have ordered you an entirely different size. This looks like a tent on you!" Then, I could say, "Well, it fit just fine when we ordered it. I guess you'll have to take it in a few inches." Wouldn't that be awesome? Oh, to dream.

The babe made friends with the sales lady there helping me. They were tossing one of her stuffed animals around. Yep. I've definitely got an outgoing kid. She didn't even want to leave, silly kid.

0 comments: