Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Every Little Twinge

I started weight training again Monday night. I also trained again at the gym, yesterday. My body feels like it's been hit by a train (well, I imagine this is how it feels to be hit by a train, but I'm probably not even close). I did my Firm tape Monday and the free weights and machines for my legs yesterday. Everything is sore, despite only working my legs yesterday. I'm feeling the effects of both days today. I hope I can last through the break-through period because I feel like I won't make it during today's workout. Why have I started training again? Because over the weekend I noticed that things that didn't use to jiggle are now jiggling out of control. It's not pretty. I remember during the middle of summer two years ago, I was in great shape, but weighed 170. It was weird how I fit into everything, but weighed so much. Yes. I understand that muscle weighs more than fat and yes, I understand that it takes time for the muscle synergy to catch up to the fat burning, but that didn't make it any less weird. I'm at a point where looking like that again is all I care about, if the jiggling will stop.

I probably lost muscle, during my initial weight loss (which is why the jiggling is happening). I've got to get that dynamic tissue (muscle) back, even at the risk of the scale going up again. I've decided not to look at it for a while, until I get back into the groove of weight training. I'm even upping my protein to help with the process. Yesterday, I had 80 to 90 grams of protein. I felt like I was eating all day, but when I plugged in my points on the WW points calculator, I actually banked 2 points. I like the fact that protein makes you feel full and curbs your desire for sweets (my biggest weakness).

I'll keep up on this blog with how things are going. I can say that I do feel a bit heavier, but that's perfectly fine if I tone up and can wear a shirt without seeing the jiggle (can you tell I have a complex about this jiggle? Ewww!)

0 comments: