Monday, March 14, 2005

Life in a Blender

What a weekend! We made our trip to Vegas for hubby's meeting, knowing that this was also the weekend for NASCAR. Oy, vei! When we first drove in, the raceway was totally packed. The major race was scheduled for Sunday, but I guess trials and so forth were going on. Anyway, traffic was horrendous, but we made it to the gym for hubby's meeting. He felt very positive about the experience and will be talking to his friend about the possibility of job opportunities. We'll see how it goes.

We bought a lot of liquor, while we were down there. In Utah, liquor is regulated and we don't have stores on the corners like other places. You have to find a state-regulated liquor store to purchase your wine and spirits. It's really irritating, especially if you need something for cooking or you'd just like a nice bottle of wine for dinner and the stores are closed. Vegas has lots of discount stores and liquor is sold everywhere, practically (surprise, surprise). We spent nearly $100 on a variety of things, items (primarily) we're interested in trying but can't find here. The cabinet is now stocked. (We had a nice chardonnay for dinner last night that we got on super sale for $3.00).

We didn't get back to the hotel Friday night until around midnight. Saturday, we spent playing around in St. George, Cedar City and Brian Head. The weather was perfect! Eighty degrees in tank tops and shorts. Amazing! It was freaky for the mind, though - March 10th and 80 degrees. Saturday night, we night-swam in the hotel's indoor pool and relaxed in the hot-tub. The babe loved it too.

We ate entirely too much over the weekend and TOM was here, so I was extra bloated and attractive. I decided too that the weight training must resume sooner rather than later because stuff is starting to jiggle that didn't jiggle before. Also, hubby informed me that I have to stop being so scared of protein. I guess I am a bit scared. I need more chicken and fish like him. I think that it would be better to follow his eating habits, rather than my own. That way, when I do splurge, I don't panic about it like I have been. I'll be popping in my Firm tape tonight to get started (I can't go to the gym because I have a call...a call I conveniently forgot about until the guy emailed me documents and said, "These are for our call today"...ah, what call?).

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday...feeling the stress of my daughter going to school (Charter or otherwise), changing jobs, possibly loosing my house ...you know, the usual stuff that has made me flustered these past few months. Hubby, as he is so good at doing, came to the rescue and reminded me that I'm not alone in all of this. I'm so glad I'm not because I think I would go insane! It's frustrating, confusing and hard on the tummy, but we'll get through it. We have no choice.

0 comments: