Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Lots of Rest/Brand New Day

Hubby and I both went to bed on time and got a lot of rest, thankfully. We were both exhausted, by the time we got home and settled in for the night. The babe even had a slight temperature and wanted to go to bed. Hubby rented Fairytopia for her last night. As a family, we watched it with her. I thought it would be completely unbearable, but whoever is writing these stories isn't doing such a bad job. I wasn't as too thrilled with their Rapunzel, but the Princess and the Pauper as well as Fairytopia were okay. (Just in case you're interested, it's about a fairy (Barbie/Elina) without wings who lives in an enchanted garden, guarded by fairy guardians. Trouble ensues when the guardians begin to disappear and all of Fairytopia begins to weaken due to a strange sickness. It's up to Elina to stop the dreaded Laverna(sp) from capturing all the guardian fairies and their powers.) The scary characters weren't too scary and the heroes weren't too scared of the scary characters. If they had been, I think the babe would have liked this more.

Tonight is clean up night, oh fun. We just hate coming back to a dirty house after a trip (it's only happened once), so we're always sure to do a thorough clean up (including laundry) before we go anywhere. This morning, we woke up to a huge pile of dog vomit that I had to clean up, so my cleaning began early this morning with me breaking out the steam cleaner. Forget coffee waking you up, just jump into a big pile of dog vomit. Ugh!

I bought my girlfriend a Melitta Coffee filter Cone and filters last night, before I went home. We were talking about mine and how neat it was to be able to make one cup of coffee (using your own good coffee, and not the crap they make in the breakroom) using only your coffee cup. I told her that the next time I went to the store, I would get her one. Well, I went ahead and stopped for her last night. They sell the filters (a box of 40) for .50 and the cone for 1.oo...not bad. I was going to buy her gourmet coffee, but they didn't have what I wanted to get her and the bags and bags of Seattle's Best that they did have were mild (she likes bold - they also sell each bag for $2.00, where most grocery stores charge $8.50. Yikes!) It appears as if I'm a big coffee drinker, but I'm not. The kind I have is decaf because regular makes me race like a jack-rabbit! And, I don't drink it every day (a couple of times a week, if that). I'm just one that, when I do get ready to drink it, I want it to be good. To give her something good to start with, I stopped at Smith's and bought her a bag of the Black Mountain Gold, Swiss Chocolate Almond.

I did well with my eating, yesterday. I wasn't even that hungry, when I got home last night. I had some soup and protein total...a few light tortillas and a glass of Alice White Shiraz. Well, I suppose work is something I should try and do, now.

0 comments: