Wednesday, September 01, 2004

What I'm Worth

Today has been pretty good, thus far. I found out about my raise today. Hooray! You know, I'm glad about it but that phrase I heard keeps running through my head, "They don't pay you what your worth, but they give you just enough to keep coming back for more." Ain't it the truth! Still, I know that I have a job and so many others do not. I am grateful.

Take a look to the left...down a pound, despite TOM last week. So glad about that too. I think I'm finally crawling out of my funk. Boy, was it bad this time. Do men endure this kind of thing? Seems like it's only us girls who get to deal with the hormonal flux. What joy!

I'm going to be working from home on Labor Day and taking that Wednesday off. It's a good trade off, considering we will be out late on Tuesday night and I'm sure I won't want to get up and come to work. It also allows me to keep my regular vacation in stock, rather than pilfer away one of my days.

We have reached the season of holidays: Labor Day (September), Columbus Day (October), Thanksgiving and the day after (November), Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day (December), New Years Day and MLK Day (January), and finally President's Day (February). At least one day off each month until March. I love it! I'll take a couple of days in October, along with Columbus day because my best friend will be flying out here. I'm so happy about that! I didn't get to see her last year (when it was her turn) so, we're a year behind. We try to take turns seeing each other each year. Next summer or fall, it will be my turn (and hopefully, it will be during her wedding, if everything works out).

Suppose I'd better head to the gym. I didn't notice the vertigo thing happen with the Hot Rox this morning. I'll take another one when I come back from the gym. I guess it's working. Who, knows. Maybe I'll take stock at the end of the month to see if it's worth buying more. Oh, and I'm still on the L-Carnitine too.

0 comments: