Monday, September 13, 2004

Back in the Saddle

Wow! What a week, I had. Tuesday night, we went to the Usana Amphitheater to see Prince (Musicology Tour). It was amazing! That man is still pulling in the huge crowds, and he's nearing his 50's! The venue is an outdoor one, so we were on the lawn with blankets. It was the Babe's first concert and she had a blast. She entertained all those around us, until Prince took the stage. You would have thought the concert was for her. The night was star-filled and warm...the perfect night for an outdoor concert. Wednesday, I took the day off because I knew I would be no good to anyone, after being up way too late on a Tuesday. Thursday and Friday were spent handling phone and face-to-face interviews for the person who will, eventually, be helping me (we have one this morning too). Consequently, because my schedule was all screwy, so was my eating. I could kick myself for going so overboard with everything, especially with my goal to try and drop another ten pounds in 6-weeks (it's doable, but it will be tough, what with this freaking plateau and all).

Anyway, it's Monday and it's going to be a full day, so I'm trying to stay positive and be optimistic. It was so hard getting out of bed this morning. My first thought was, "I can't wait till I'm working in my own city so that I don't have to get up at this sin-awful hour anymore" Then I thought, "Man, do I really have to work out? I can just do it this evening" Well, of course I have to work out, so I did. In fact, I'm thinking that doing three workouts today might stave off the damage from last week and this past weekend.

These are the weekends where I know that a vacation would have rejuvenated me for the remainder of the year, but that was not to be. I really am feeling it. I think I was feeling it before but, gosh! What can I do to make this more tolerable? Maybe I can get a better night's sleep or eat better foods (of course, that will make a huge difference, I know). Come on motivation. I need you in spades!

0 comments: