Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Life of the Party

Today's the day. We'll be journeying up the road to our yearly, all-staff party. There's 140+ of us, now. When I started in 2001, there were maybe 20 employees. It's amazing! The party is being held at the Olympic Oval. The is the same Olympic Oval where the speed skating took place in 2002. In fact, while our esteemed president is speaking to us about numbers and statistics, the Olympic trainers will be training. I don't think our president will keep our focus for very long.

On the eating front, it's been pretty crazy. Yesterday, we were invited to stay at the faculty lunch. Of course, the faculty lunch was a Mexican buffet. I didn't over due it, but it's hard to keep Mexican food on the lighter fare. Dinners have been okay. Lots of protein (chicken and salmon, mostly). Yesterday, I had a deli chicken sandwich, chips, salsa and oatmeal for dessert (Yes, I said dessert. I happen to like oatmeal, thank you very much). My daughter ending up eating half of my sandwich, so that definitely helps with the reduction of calories, doesn't it?

I will be moving the workouts to the evening next week, like I said. I think it will be better to keep things clipping along. When the warm weather returns, I'll be happy to move my workouts back to the morning. Who knows. Maybe the drastic change in schedule will finally get me into the next bracket (oh Lord, let's hope so!).

0 comments: