Thursday, September 16, 2004

Lifesaver

Hooray! We've hired our person and she starts on Monday. I couldn't be more excited. I can't believe that, finally, I will have some help. It's just too good to be true. (Can you tell I'm just a bit happy about this?) Yesterday, I had every intention of blogging, but kept getting pulled away. We are in lots of meetings this week and, of course, we were conducting interviews and checking references. All for the greater good, I assure you. Anyway, I hope that things will calm down a bit over the next two days. I could really use the break and also the time to prepare how I will train her. She'll only be here four hours a day.

I've been dealing with a bit of insomnia for a couple of days. I've worked out at 11:00 or so at night to try and calm myself. After my shower, I always fall straight to sleep. I'm not sure if it has to do with hubby not being home at night or if there is something plaguing my mind subconsciously. (Isn't there always something plaguing our minds subconsciously??) I know I've been trying to job hunt more aggressively and that may be bothering me a bit. The person we're hiring to help may actually turn into my replacement (one can only hope!).

I had lunch with a co-worker yesterday who is very unhappy with her manager. It seems no one is really in tune to how low moral is. She suggested that they know, but are afraid to do anything about it. What ever happened to the days when you could discuss issues like this with your manager or HR person? I suppose in some places you still can, but not here. It's libel to be spread all over, once our HR person here's about it (or so, I'm told).

Oh, I was at 160 yesterday. I'm still fluctuating between those two or three pounds. I can't seem to get into the 150's and stay there. I'll be so glad when I do. It's like wearing the same underwear over and over again. After a while, they get old and raggedy. You're just so ready for something new. (Bad analogy, sorry).


0 comments: