Thursday, September 02, 2004

Is it the Rox??

I'm down a pound today...not that I'm complaining and I know that weight fluctuates from day to day, but could it be the rox? I don't know. If it is...hooray for the rox! I'm a believer! I guess I'll have to see what next Wednesday says. If it's significant, than we'll know it's the rox.

Tomorrow I have lunch out with a friend at Buca di Beppo. It's a family style Italian restaurant that I'm told is ultra kitsch (did I spell that right?). I'm excited to go. I haven't had authentic Italian in a long time, but I absolutely love it. It's like carbo heaven in a bowl!

Did anyone catch the VMA's on Sunday? They were quite tame, in my opinion, but I loved the location. I was just thinking about them because that was the timeframe in which they chose to complete the Gap ad, featuring Lenny Kravitz and Sarah Jessica Parker. You know, she's one of those few tiny people that doesn't look like a crack-head (Jada Pinkett is another). They are naturally small and in really good shape. The only thing with Ms. Parker/Broderick is that, even though she's got a rockin' bod, lots of charm and style, she's not the prettiest woman in the world. (And what's with that witch's mole? Am I being petty or what?) I'm also not too crazy about those man-hands she sports. Well, anyway, back to the ad. I think it's really catchy and fun. If I weren't so against the forced marketing of "anyone who's cool, should shop at the Gap" I'd shop there.

I had a long talk with a coworker yesterday about talent agencies and acting. It was fascinating, getting the scoop from her about her experiences and I was glad to have someone to talk about concerning mine (with the babe's career, anyway). If they can, they will gouge the life out of you so it's very important to be careful. Some front at photography agencies, not talent. They'll have you spending your life savings on photos for the next few years of your life (not the way to go). Talent agencies should only make money when you do. A few pictures up front is fine, but hundreds of dollars worth is ridiculous.

We also talked movies, which made me remember that I haven't updated my movie links in a while. I'll try to do that before the end of the week, because I've seen quite a few including Monster, Taking Lives, Godsend, Kill Bill vol. 2.

0 comments: