Monday, September 20, 2004

In the Beginning....

My new person starts today and I'm a bit nervous. With so many of our staff away at meetings (including IT) I'm a little nervous that she won't have the tools she needs to really get started. I suppose it will be like the first days of school, you know, where you don't really do anything for the first couple of days. You get acquainted with the people in your class and the things that you'll be doing, but you don't actually do them. I don't know. Maybe I can come up with a paper-based task for her.

My weekend turned out wonderfully! Hubby was off and my daughter went to a friend's house. So, Friday, when I got home, hubby and I showered and dressed for dinner out. We went to Chuck-a-Rama (Up-chuckarama, 'round these parts). It was hubby's choice. We usually love it, but due to our change in eating and diet, it was not what we were expecting. After dinner, we went to a jazz club in the heart of Ogden city called The Wine Cellar. The atmosphere was great, except for the smoke (it's amazing how your lungs react to it when they haven't been exposed in a while. In Nashville, we were around smoke all the time. Utah is a smoke-free state so, the smoke atmosphere is very minimal). So, it was your typical smokey, jazz club with really great atmosphere but, the music? I guess we went on the wrong night because the guy who was playing, basically played variations on the same song. It got really old really fast. We left at around 10:00 (rather early for a club, I'd say). We went back home and had a night cap and great conversation.

Saturday morning, I took my hubby to Rivers close to the mouth of Cottonwood canyon. It was lovely and oh, so romantic. We'll have to check it out in the evening, sometime. I had the Grilled Chicken Caesar on a whole wheat wrap, along with Penne Arabiatta. Hubby had the blackened tacos and Spanish rice. Afterwards, we indulged and split a warm apple crumb bar served with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum! I was good until then. Man, you wouldn't think a little ice cream and cake would make you feel bad but I was feeling about 5 months pregnant for several hours after eating. Hubby said it was the sugar and that my body wasn't used to such a vast amount anymore. He's telling me! I was ready to give up sugar forever, after feeling like that. (Umm, just kidding). Anyway, we went shopping at a couple of stores after brunch, then went to the $.99 movie theater to see Anchorman. I haven't laughed so hard in a ages! That one is definitely a keeper. Hubby and I are big Will Ferrell fans, so that probably helped.

We had time on our hands, so we went to see another movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It was much better than I expected, seeing that I didn't know what to expect after watching the cryptic trailers. The animation was terrific and the storyline very camp, post world war. Another keeper, in my opinion. Hubby fell asleep. After the movies, we went home and picked up dinner on the way. We watched four episodes of the animated incredible hulk series (hubby recently purchased a DVD). They weren't as good as the spider man series, in my opinion, but they were worth watching. Sunday, we went to church and after wards, picked up the babe from my friend's house. As I said, it was a great weekend.

The fall has really hit us here. It's freaking 56 degrees right now and it won't get much warmer. I'm starting to feel the thing I dreaded...fall comfort. The fall comfort feeling makes me not want to work out and eat like it's going out of style. I have to resist. I must resist. I can't put back on this weight I worked so hard to get off. I was thinking about how I can rearrange my schedule, so that I wouldn't make excuses. One thing I can do is move my morning workout to the evenings, before dinner. I may have to set up the dinners the weekend before or in the morning, so that I don't have a lot to prepare (the hang up is that the babe is usually starving, by the time we get home and giving her snacks just zaps her appetite). Moving the morning workout also prevents me from going out with a wet head on a chilly morning.

So, the schedule (starting next week, due to the craziness of this week's marathon meetings) is mid-day workouts (those won't change, but I will need to stay in doors for a bit to allow my pores to close before going out in the cold) then evening treadmill walks before dinner.

0 comments: