Monday, September 27, 2004

A Not-so-great Weekend

Thursday, I did end up going home. I felt awful! A total train wreck from the moment I came in. I left at around 9:30 (with the new person still training...how nice). I didn't come in on Friday either. I slept most of the day, but it made all the difference. I felt like my old self by Saturday.

I did a lot of cooking this weekend (trying to get back into the flow of my old, good habits). Unfortunately, it wasn't the healthiest kind of cooking. Well, I guess some of it was. You be the judge:

Friday Evening:

Pad Thai noodles
Crab Cakes

Saturday:
Denny's Grand Slam (gave my bacon away/egg beaters instead of eggs)

McGrilled Chicken Sandwhich (no mayo/put on low-fat mayo at home)
Fries
Minute Maide Light Lemonade

Tempura Vegetables (fried in Vegetable oil) - Yams, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms
Minute White Rice


Sunday:
Walked on treadmill for 50 minutes/burned 314 cals and walked 3 miles

Homemade Waffels (3 w/light syrup)
Canadian bacon (browned in the skillet)

Leftover tempura


McDonald's Double Cheeseburger (totally blew it here)
Fries (2 orders of McValue, mistakenly put in bag. What, you wouldn't have eaten them??)

Yeah, okay. So, in black and white it's not quite looking like my normal menu, but I do have a plan. I have a pair of 7 pants that I have to get into by the end of October. I figure if I get on the ball again and start loosing like I know I can (whether that be weight or inches), I should have no problem getting into them. So, you send me good vibes and I'll send them to you. The craziness of last week's meeting frenzy is over. Normality is set to return and I can get back into the swing of things. I know I keep saying I'm going to do it and I really am. In fact, this evening will mark the first evening that I work out when I get home. I'll have to figure out something for the little one (prepared snacks or quick meals) but, I will do this. I can't afford to get sick and relapse back into old habits (which can happen when your ill). The best way to stay healthy and not get sick is to not go out with open pores on a cold morning or a wet head. Hubby says I can just get up earlier, but who wants to go to bed at 8:00 so they can get up at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning during the colder months? "Not I," said the mouse. I will do this! I have to! My approaching size 7 pants and 30th birthday depends on it!!

0 comments: