Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Body Rejects the Regime


...and it's manifesting itself in various sicknesses, I guess. I got over a cold, and now I seem to have another one. The humidifier is back on, the Vicks is front and center in the medicine cabinet again and I'm looking like something from a zombie movie. The good news? I weighed in yesterday at 188 and thought I would burst! It's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. I reached a reward and placed my bid (since the item I want to purchase is much cheaper in the bidding field). One of my goal items may disappear from stock, so I'm vacillating over whether I should order them and maybe leave them with my mother until time or wait and try to order them when the time comes. I'll continue to vacillate.

I felt like garbage yesterday, but still got in a workout after work. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one in today, but we'll see. The babe has dance tonight and I don't want to "cut it close" and make her late because of showering and getting dressed. Excuses? Yeah, I guess so. I'll try to work it in...um try harder than I would have when I said, "I'm not sure." :)

Anyway, I've got a cold or something and now this blasted pink eye (conjunctivitis). I'm doing the drops, then notice the babe's eye and mine look a lot a like. Yep. She's got it. Now, she's doing the drops and Indy's got the gunky eye thing going on. So, we're all doing the drops and I spent yesterday spraying every possible surface with disinfectant. If I wore make-up (which I don't) I would have to through out all the eye stuff and replace it with new. I suppose that would make a make-up wearer especially upset, since that stuff can be a pretty penny to purchase.


TOM is on the prowl and I notice I'm craving a lot of salt. I'm sure next week, my sweet tooth will want in on the action. I've done okay with staving off the cravings but it's still tough. I will probably allow myself a piece of dark chocolate here or there, but that's all. I'm on a roll and I don't want to derail my progress by giving into cravings. Self-sabotage is not on the agenda!

0 comments: