Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Weigh Day and Making Goal

It's official! I'm more than ten pounds down and on my next reward. Woohoo! The scale was kind at 183.5, but not as kind as it was the other day (I sort of figured that would happen). I'm not upset, though. It's my own fault for weighing too early. Consistency is the key.

Due to "extracurricular activities" last night, I slept in and missed my workout time this morning. Ugh! Gotta make it up. I told hubby that he would have to watch the kids and he was like, "Okay." I'm definitely going to hold him to it. Now, let's pray I have the energy to get in a workout this afternoon.

I'm feeling really good! It's nice to be able to breath and hold a conversation without hacking to death. I also like that my energy level has returned and I'm feeling more like me. Sometimes, you really don't realize how sick you are until you get well. I must have been at death's door!

Three more days until water aerobics. I wonder if my instructor missed seeing my chocolate face in the sea of cookie dough? During the class we had at the first part of February, the music was really loud; however, I noticed all the songs were Cher tunes. Every single song...from her 60's boho days to the present. The next week, it was all dance music. I'm not sure if they have a sound system somewhere with someone running the music or if they just stick a disc in a player and call it good. I think it makes a difference on the attitude and enjoyment of the class if the music is or isn't good. For me, the Cher class was pretty awesome.

I've got to learn how to use the DVD burner my mother gave us. I've got all this stuff on video that I want to convert, the tools to do it, but not the knowledge. I keep thinking, "This weekend, I'll convert my tape of "Hooked" episodes. That'll be a good starter project." Then, I don't and I'm back to using the tape which looses more and more clarity definition with each use. I've really got to do this.

0 comments: