Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Not Bad, but Not Good


Still struggling with illness and getting mighty frustrated about it. I cough, I wheeze, I breathe really hard. I run out of energy and think, "Lord, is this the end?" Why can't I get over this crap? I'm not sure if it's the inversion, my new regime or just the devil chasing after me. What gives? I just want to feel good and get back on track. It's not exactly easy trying to work out when you sound like you're going to cough up a lung with each lunge or pony-step.

I have stayed on track with my eating and have done a pretty good job of not deviating too far from the good. Saturday, we fried up chicken (but I fry in olive oil with my own, special recipe). The side item was organic shells and cheese and I only had one bread twist. I even made some very wise choices when we went out to lunch on Friday (Chinese):

Chicken and green beans
Lo mein
Steamed White Rice (substituted from Fried Rice)
Miso Soup

On my sick day home, I picked up a Slim Slam from Denny's:

2 hotcakes (no butter)
Skillet honey ham
Egg Beaters

It was delicious, without the 60 or some odd grams of fat a regular Slam carries. Yikes!
Today, I even weighed myself (despite my better judgement...ever since TOM arrived on Monday, I've felt like a beached whale. Guess what? It's not as bad as I would have guessed. I "clocked" in at 188.5 thank you very much. Is it wrong to pray that I'm carrying around five pounds of water or is that just wishful thinking?

0 comments: