Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sweating with the Babe


After the doctor's visit, prescription filling and dental visit, I came home ready to workout. A little strange for me, since I'm not usually excited about working out in the evening, but since I'd missed it in the morning, I thought I'd better get to it. The babe wanted to participate with me, so when I grabbed my weights, she grabbed hers. We rolled out the mat and started the tape. She did pretty well for someone who has never seen the routine before. By the second round of aerobics (this is a 45 minute aerobic and weight training video pictured here), she was sweating too, and made sure to comment about it.

By the last ten minutes, she was pretty much done while I pounded through the difficult, non-stop abdominal routine. Ouch! As I watched myself reflected in the stereo glass, I'm really not happy with the state my arms are in. Oh, I understand that it's a slow process. The fat loss coupled with the toning will do the trick, but until then, my arms are looking flabby and unattractive. It's no wonder my blouses don't fit well in the arms. Not cute.

Today, I have a lunch date with a friend and I need to investigate what the better choices are, in terms of what to eat there. I do have a couple of staples I like that I don't think are too fattening, but then, you think they're not until you research and find out the "light" sauce they use has 45 fat grams.

TOM is on the way and I feel the water weight being held hostage in my body. I'm not expecting miracles with tomorrow's number but, I do hope the gain (if any) I show is only a couple of pounds (all water). I've been sucking down the salt like you wouldn't believe! For Lent, I'm giving up all forms of chocolate (including the dark pieces I have occasionally as a treat). I'll have to find a new treat until Easter, I guess. Already I've almost slipped twice and without even realizing it! I've given up chocolate before, but this time (with it's strange, seductive hold on me), I have a feeling it will be much more difficult.

0 comments: