Saturday, January 27, 2007

Boot Camp,Baby!

I did it! I went to my water aerobics class last night and do you know what? It was awesome...tough as hell, but awesome! I really didn't know what to expect because when I checked the class schedule the morning before I went, it was listed as Boot Camp. I called the center and asked, "So, is Boot Camp a water aerobics class?" Lauren (the kind lady on the other end), described it as a sort of circuit training but in a fast pace style like military boot camp. I was intrigued. I did a quick search on the Internet. Check out the video I found!


Evening arrived and I was dressed and ready to go. Out comes a woman who was large and in charge, but in excellent physical condition. She worked us over! Froggy jumps, cross-country, washing machines, push-ups, pull-ups, biceps, triceps, inner thighs, outer thighs. You name it, we worked on it...for one solid hour. Man, I felt like somebody had been sitting on me, by the time I came out of the water. I was even sweating (I really wasn't expecting that).


I came home and hubby had grilled chicken and tofu! A lovely wheat pasta salad, tossed with chicken and a healthy side of broccoli. It was delicious and I had to thank him again for coming up with the idea. It was the first time away from the kids in a while and time devoted completely to me. I know I said I wouldn't, but I did get on the scale this morning to see if things had improved. I'd say two pounds away (fat or water loss) is an improvement. I'm ready for next Friday. Bring it on!!

0 comments: