Thursday, January 04, 2007

Walk, Walk, Walk

I've started doing Leslie again. I really like her and her upbeat attitude, but she can get a bit chatty (even for the obsessive-compulsive talker like me). I have her three-mile walk, but I'm not quite ready for that...geeze, I can't believe I'm saying it. Me, who used to do the three mile with only just a glisten on my forehead. Ah, those were the days.

Well, the DVD I bought the other day has five of her workouts. The first is 18 minutes, which includes her one-mile walk with warm-up and cool-down. On the DVD, it's labeled, "Get up and Get Started" and I got through it quite nicely, yesterday. The next one is a thirty minute workout (or two-mile walk) entitled, "With High Calorie Burn". I did that one this morning. My butt was killing me and my hamstrings were having issues. Hubby said that his first few days back in the gym were really hard and it all has to do with diet. Your body has to let go and recover from all the damage...boy, I must have done some serious damage.

The third workout is called "30-Minute walk" and is also a two mile walk (I plan to do this one tomorrow). The fourth is called, "Walk & Kick". It is also 30 minutes and features short bursts of kickboxing (I'm thinking this one should work me over quite nicely...thank you very much weak muscles). Finally, the fifth workout is called the "Power Mile" and is a brisk mile in 20 minutes.

This DVD was purchased to get me started and on my way with weight loss again. My hubby is currently working on our basement, tiling and so forth, so getting to the treadmill or elliptical is complicated (all of the crap that was in the basement is now sitting in this room surrounding said equipment and with every new section of tile laid down, no one is allowed to walk on it for 24 hours. Nice.) For those of you who read my blog, you know that I prefer the Firm series (Classic, not the new stuff) and would be happy doing these but they are time consuming. I plan on saving those for the weekend, when I can work them in. Those will be what turns me back into the tone, buff, hard-body I used to be. Oh, those were the days.

Sitting at 194 isn't pleasant, it isn't cute and it damn sure isn't getting me into my clothes. Even if the new year had never arrived, I would be well on my way to working this excess baggage off. It has got to go. Thankfully, I know how to do this and have the tools I need to get me there. Another incentive? Hubby took one of those god-awful before pictures and it made me want to hurl to look at it. Well, first ten pounds? You are on your way out and the first goal on the chart. I'm not sure of a goal item for the first ten pounds. Any ideas? I already know what I want for fifteen, twenty and twenty-five. I'm open to suggestions. What would you reward yourself with after a ten pound loss?

P.S. I'm also incorporating Low Glycemic choices in my diet, this time around. One thing that I don't want to have to rely on is appetite suppressants. If my body has the right foods it needs, I am less likely to have cravings. My family has diabetics and I figure, if I get off on the right foot with the appropriate foods, I won't have to endure this terrible disease.

0 comments: