Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Still Struggling

The inversion has made it nearly impossible to get my workouts in and not in the way that one would normally think. Granted, the air quality is sucky, but that has nothing to do with the temperature controlled climate in my home. I also have a humidifier that helps things out. The problem is my incessant coughing, which requires NyQuil at night, which means I'm sleeping like a damn brick on Valium. I just lay there and the alarm sounds with no movement to snooze or anything for, what seems like, an eternity. I could workout in the evening, but that's usually when I feel the worse.

Excuses? Perhaps, but I'm not hacking to death for my health. That's just insane! I skated on Monday night and that was pretty good, but the coughing spell still came. I wonder if I'll have the same thing happen on Friday at the water aerobics class? Gosh, now that I think about it, I hope I don't look too terrible in my bathing suit. You know, it's one thing to workout with others in a regular aerobics class. You can wear sweatpants until your comfortable enough to wear shorts in public...but swimming suits? They don't make ankle length swimming suits...at least, not that I'm aware of.

The eating is still going quite well, however, and I've almost reached my first goal (5 pounds). I went back up slightly today when I stepped on the scale this morning. I know why: I didn't get in my total, 64 ounces of water yesterday. Man, the water thing is huge! If I'm not getting it in like I should, nothing happens. This was the first time since the weekend that I missed and I honestly would have gotten more in, had I not tried to hold off from drinking the last 32 till I got home. I'll seriously try not to do that again.

So, here are the goals and rewards. I hope I reach them quickly, but reaching them at all would be sweet bliss!

  • 5lbs - A DVD from my wish list (UPDATE: Goal achieved 1/31/07 6lbs off [188]!)
  • 10lbs- Manicure/pedicure (UPDATE: Goal achieved 2/21/07 10.5lbs off [183.5]!)
  • 15lbs- Personal Massage (UPDATE: Goal achieved 3/14/07 16.5lbs off [177.5]!)
  • 20lbs - a new outfit or a fetching piece of jewelry (UPDATE: Goal achieved while worrying about reaching shoe goal, around 11/03 20lbs off [174]!)
  • 25lbs - a new pair of daring shoes from cutsieshoes (UPDATE: Goal achieved 11/13/07 25.5lbs off [168.5]!)
  • 30lbs - an Alexis Vogel makeover and a night out-on-the-town with hubby

0 comments: