Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year and a New Attitude

Resolutions? I really don't believe in them, but for the sake of this post and this particular blog, I will say that I'm resolved to getting back into great shape for 2007. I got off to a great start in early December and then it all went to hell just before I took off for winter vacation. Hubby and I were eating everything we could get our hands on. Honestly, it was a good thing because I am so sick of fast food, junk and candy. Really and truly. I was so happy to have a bowl of soup and a sandwich that I made for lunch today. I think my body rejoiced at the purity of the vegetables.

I began a detox today to get the ball rolling (a full clean out of my system in order to prepare it for the rough road ahead). So far, the only side effect I've experienced is a mild headache which I hope will disappear in a day or so. I thought I'd be living in the bathroom with this stuff, but thankfully that hasn't happened. Hmm...I wonder if it will?

Next is the workout portion of my "get fit" plan. The best thing for me to do to get the ball rolling is to start jogging. It's not my favorite of exercises and I worry that I'm putting too much stress on my knees. Despite all that, I know it's the "magic pill" to getting things reved up again. I don't intend to keep it going through out the entire length of my program, but it will be essential to the start. I'll pace myself and treat my knees with kindness.

I'm planning on goals and rewards to keep me motivated. For every five pounds loss, I'll earn a reward the ultimate being the ability to get back into my jeans and eventually, my goal outfit (purchased from Newport News last year when I was initially motivated to get this baby weight off). Here's to resolutions and goals!

0 comments: