Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sore Calves Sore Thighs


As I posted the other day, I went through a Hooked routine and got an intense workout. Yesterday, it was the walk video and today, another Hooked routine. My calves were already sore, yesterday from the first Hooked workout (it's 80's, so it's they're workouts have more impact than the workouts of today). As long as you're not doing outrageous stretching or damaging your knees, these older workouts still have a lot to contribute. I mean, seriously. People were really fit in the 80's but I digress.

We were in training and the conference room we were in is two floors down from where my office is located. I ran up and down those steps about 6 times for various reasons. Now, my thighs are sore. This is me trying to work in extra activity where I can. It's easy to do, working in the activity, but it definitely shows you the truth of the shape your in.

I'm wearing a maternity top today, not because it fits me so perfectly, but because it's really quite nice looking. It's a bright pink with a long neckline and sharp, tapered cuffs. Hubby asked me this morning, as he was wishing me a happy anniversary, "What happened to your breasts?" I was like, "Huh?". The shirt, as I said, is maternity and emphasis is put around the mid section. My mid section, sans baby, is still a little round. Therefore, the horizontal pattern of the material makes the boobs look almost non existent. I think it threw him for a loop because I am quite chesty. I lifted my shirt to prove to him that I still had the goods and he seemed satisfied. Writing this now, I can't believe we even had this conversation.

We had the little one's birthday party last night and I indulged in one small piece of cake and one scoop of low-fat, Dreyers strawberry cheesecake ice cream. They were both delicious and just enough sweets to make me happy. The dinner consisted of sweet and sour chicken (which I had a bit of), chicken lo mein and Moo Goo Gai Pan. Yum! I actually loaded up on the veggies and felt really good. Lunch was brought in for our training and I had one serving of the pasta and filled the rest of my plate with salad. I'm doing well, folks. I'm doing well.

I won't weigh again until the weekend, though because TOM appeared on Tuesday (1/9/07). I'm bloated and, regardless of all the water I'm drinking, I know I'm holding on to a lot. I'd like to wait to weigh.

0 comments: