Monday, January 08, 2007

Keeping it Going

Things are still going great and on Saturday, I was down two pounds. Woohoo! I found them again today, unfortunately (I hate those day-to-day fluctuations). I'm pretty sure it's water retention from my impending TOM, which is supposed to appear today. We'll see. It's been pretty finicky these last couple of times.

The Walk-at-Home video is going well. I completed up through the fourth on Saturday, took Sunday off and went through the fifth today. I do prefer her workouts where she's working out with "everyday Joes" rather than her instructors. She talks to her folks and they are all shaped differently, which is motivating to me. Her workout instructors don't say anything and look like robots. I suppose the Firm has it's robotic feel too, but this seems different somehow. Oh, well. I did decide today that I won't be able to use her workouts all the time because they aren't challenging enough. Most times, I break a bit of a sweat, but today...I only glistened. I need something to rev things up so, I may have to break out my "Hooked on Aerobics" tape again.

I can't wait to get going with the Firm as well, but I'm doing things the right way. Weight training will be added into the walking DVD this week, then next week, I'll begin the Firm. I'll have to figure out how to work those in because those workouts are much longer. It may be that I do aerobics in the morning, then the Firm in the evening before dinner.

Hubby grabbed the schedule from the Aquatic Center and found out that they have a water aerobics class in the evening on Fridays. I may try to do that as well. I love what swimming does to my body (tone, shape). Even before I've lost a pound, that look is fabulous! I remember we swam every Thursday in college and my calves and thighs were beautiful!

0 comments: