Tuesday, October 12, 2004

What Holiday?

Yes. We were one of the lucky few that experiences Columbus Day as a holiday; however, I feel like I need about three more days. Man, am I tired! I'm not sure if it's the change in daylight hours, temperature or my diet but I am running on exhausted more than usual. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I need a vacation!"

The weekend was a bust, but I did try to keep my portions under control (even though we were enjoying ourselves eating out a lot). Yesterday was the first time I cooked in several days. I made homemade chicken soup (remember, it's soups and chili this year?). It was wonderful! I even used whole wheat noodles. It must have made a difference because after I ate, I was full. Chicken soup never really makes me feel full.

I took some L-Carnitine this morning - the first dose in a long while. It's my attempt to commit to getting these last twenty pounds off. I don't know why it's been so hard, but I've got to keep my momentum. Too many holidays are coming up and it will be so much easier to maintain at the weight I want to be, rather than try to loose during all of the festivities. I don't know. I know people do it all the time (loose weight during the holidays, I mean). Perhaps I just have to suck it up and be one of those people.

I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes yesterday morning. Boy, was I achey afterwards. I also did a Firm ab workout on Sunday morning. It didn't make me as sore as I thought I was going to be. I decided that I miss those tapes and will try to incorporate them in my routine (whatever that may be, this week).

Anyway, I'm sounding really wishy-washy, but I'm not trying to. I do have it in me to do this and I want to. I'm going to. I just keep falling off the wagon. I know. One day at a time. Today has gotten off to a pretty good start (except for the feeling tired). I'm sure I'll perk up in an hour or so.

0 comments: