Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Here I am!

Yes! Truly. I didn't drop off the face of the earth or anything. It was a nightmare of a week, last week, and I could barely breathe much less type anything down. What a mess! We have this new system that, of course, is supposed to be the answer to everyone's prayers and is this great IT accomplishment. W-R-O-N-G. It has done nothing but screw it up from the time it was launched and, of course, there are only a select group of people being affected (I am so fortunately included in this group....can you feel the sarcasm??). Anyway, things have leveled off a bit, but there are still problems. The biggest problem is that this masterpiece of technology will be available to all of our students Monday, November 1st. I think I'll call in sick that day.

Believe it or not, all is going well on the eating and work out front. A little splurge here and there, but really well on all fronts. In fact, I feel a bit smaller (even though the scale isn't reflecting how I'm feeling or looking). I'm chalking it up to muscle mass. That's the only thing it could be, right? Fat never looked this good (okay, that was probably way too much ego for this blogger). Friday, we'll be dressing up and partying down to a good, old fashioned pot-luck. I've decided to make apple crumble, since it was such a treat the last time I made it at home. Why not share the wealth? There's a lady here's who's decided to go all out with her costume. The crazy thing is, the costume is probably a bit revealing (she's going as a green fairy). She's over 6 feet tall and lost a lot of weight fast, before taking her job here. Consequently, she's probably put some of it back on and it's all centered around her middle. I'm just worried, that's all....for her, I mean. I really hope she's wearing a dress and not a leotard or anything. That could be frightening, even to frightening for Halloween.

The babe is going as a cat. I was smart and didn't tell her I have her costume and she hasn't seen it. She's at the age where she will ask about things a thousand times and make you absolutely crazy! I've learned to keep secrets to the very last minute, where she is concerned. We have company coming over on Saturday, and she doesn't know anything about that either. They'll just show up and she'll think they're there for her. It should be interesting.

I hope to be more consistent this week. I'm praying really hard that I don't have a week like last week. The stress was so bad it manifested itself in my shoulders and neck. I needed a massage bad! Too bad the massage college is so far away. I would have been there quick and in a hurry!

0 comments: