Thursday, October 14, 2004

Am I a Slave to My Scale?

I've been thinking about this today. I don't weigh everyday, by any means. Most times, I wait until Wednesday; however, I'm wondering if even that is too much. I think it's good to know about where you are as a bit of a gauge but, to actually use that as a guide on how good or bad you are or if you're successful? I don't know. Somehow, it isn't sitting right with me. Maybe it's because I'm stuck in this rut. I've been hanging out within the same three pounds for about two or three months. I know some people hit a plateau and stay there for even longer than I have, but it still doesn't make it any easier. I feel good I look tons better. Isn't that what matters? Yes it does, but I also know that it can be even better. I want to be there with all of my heart. I can practically taste it! For me, the 140's would be perfect. I know that sounds strange for someone of my height but, I'm telling you, it would look fantastic! Any smaller and I'd look sickly. It's just getting there. How can I get there?

I've increased my calorie intake (finally) to 1400. Hubby thinks that I wasn't getting nearly enough food to do the things that I am doing. I'm no marathon runner, but I'm pretty active for a chick nearly in her 30s. Lots of protein this week and I've included a few apples here and there (the red ones, even! I prefer green). I've also tried to keep up with the six small meals. I'll need to do some reading on how those should be divided out and what I should eat each time. This weekend, I'm going to start planning menus again. I really feel like I'm in control of the weekends when I have prepared food to eat, rather than eating out (I know that should help too). Send me good vibes, fellow weight losers out there. I'm really in need.

0 comments: