Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Month of Horror

I've been watching and rewatching a bunch of horror movies this month. This is definitely and appropriately the month I like to do this. Here's a list of what I've seen over the past several days (in order):

  • The Stepford Wives
  • Halloween
  • Friday the 13th
  • An American Werewolf in London
  • Love at First Bite (not scary, but fun)
  • Underworld

There are lots more I'll be checking out before this spooky month ends. I watch Rosemary's Baby every year and Carrie because they're my favorites (I know. I'm a total freak). I also have The Omen (freaks me out everytime I watch it), Amityville Horror (I read the book with some girlfriends in Junior High), Night of the Living Dead (the original), and Suspiria. I absolutely love horror movies, Halloween and this time of year in general. My mother always gives me a hard time about it. She's a old-fashioned Baptist who believes that Halloween is all about the devil. I know that Halloween is the day once known as O'Hallo's eve and it precedes the festival of the saints. I know the history, but for me, it's all about the mystery and fun. When we dress up, we never do anything gross or distasteful. We're not teaching our child to run out and worship the devil. Once upon a time, my mother was totally into it. In fact, she'd have me decided what I wanted to be months in advance so that she could either find my costume or find a pattern to make it. (I don't know why I'm going on and on about this). Let's change subjects.

I'm making more changes to my plan. I'm going to do the King, Prince and Pauper method again. I know that I'm probably eating way too much at dinner time (even though I still remain in my calories). I don't think I'm getting enough during the day, which is where the bulk of them should be. I know this, but I've somehow established this, "eat a big dinner" pattern and I've got to stop it. No amount of exercise changing in the world is going to get those mashed potatoes off my butt if I eat them before I go to bed. I've just got to do it. There's a lot that I've just got to do. This time of the year, as I've said time and time again, is so very difficult. My hubby mentioned that they've started putting the "big"meats on sale. He's like, "Oh, honey. They've got their rump roast buy one get one free". I'm like, "Uh, uh. None of that this year. That's what got me in trouble in the first place. All of those comfort foods." I can't do it, I tells yah. I just can't! It's chili and soup that will be bringing me comfort this year (except for Thanksgiving and Christmas, of course. Even then, I plan on doing a killer work out that morning just to make up for the damage). I would never have done that last year.

Okay, I'm just about finished.

I started thinking about school again. I guess hubby's been thinking along those lines too. We've just got to figure out my job situation before either one of us can go back and we both want to so badly. Keeping optimistic about the job in my town. There's gotta be one for me.


0 comments: