Monday, October 04, 2004

An Unexpected Weekend

I thought my weekend would be typical, but that's exactly how it didn't turn out. Friday, when I got home, hubby had prepared his famous chili. It was wonderful! I thought I would be feasting on it all weekend, but that was not to be. Saturday, I walked on the treadmill for a little over 50 minutes, than got the babe ready for her swimming lesson. We were at the pool for about an hour, than went to Burger Stop for a Shortstop meal for her and chicken sandwich for me. The sandwich (with a few of the babe's fries) actually filled me up. I put her down for her nap than took off again.

The cats were out of cat food, so I stopped at Sam's Club and got the cat food. Then, I went to the Movie Trading Company and picked up a couple of movies I'd been wanting to see. (Which reminds me, I really need to update the movie list. I did a lot of "scary movie" watching this weekend). Then I went to the liquor store. I was going to be brave and try some Sake for the first time, but then I changed my mind at the last minute and purchased a bottle of Kikkoman Plum Wine. Yum! Then, I went back home.

My sister-in-law just moved here and wanted to see the babe, so once she woke up from her nap, I got her ready and took her over for a visit. Then, I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things. After which, I went home and spent quality time with hubby. We sat up watching the classic Stepford Wives, with Katherine Ross, then we were going to watch the other movie I bought but, it didn't work. What a bummer! Hubby ran out and preceded to rent a collection of horror favorites: Friday the 13th, Halloween, An American Werewolf in London and Tales from the Darkside.

This probably isn't sounding like a terribly exciting weekend, but it was very different than what I envisioned my weekend would be. Hubby called in sick and stayed home with me Saturday night and last night. It was wonderful having him home with us. Yesterday, we decorated our front yard and stoop in Halloween garb. The babe loved that, but I think she may have contracted something (poor thing). Now, she's dealing with a bit of a cough. I hope it doesn't get worse.

We had HomeTown Buffet for breakfast, yesterday. I didn't eat much but something didn't agree with me. I had a passionate love affair with the bathroom last night. Not to get too detailed, it was not a pretty situation. Hubby thinks the tiny bit of corn beef hash may have sent my tummy into tailspins. It still floors me what I can and cannot eat anymore. Positive changes to your diet birth curious situations whenever you stray, I gotta tell yah.

0 comments: