Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Hubby's Quality Time

Hubby took yet another day/night off, last night. I'm not complaining but, I definitely don't want him to endanger his job, you know? It's been really nice having him home at nights and I think he's been spoiling himself to that. The babe is coming down with something and, I gotta tell you, it's nice to have the back-up when the coughing fits start. (She was looking loads better this morning).

My new help is doing okay. She's not as dedicated as I'd like and a bit flaky, but she's smart and picks things up easily. I don't know. Maybe the work ethics of this new, up coming generation are a bit different. Our new receptionist has already missed loads of work. Okay, I understand already having planned a vacation when you're hired. That's perfectly reasonable. You tell your hiring entity that you have made those plans, then they make arrangements to cover for you if they decide to hire you, right? Well, this girl has not only taken some vacation time, she's taking sick time, migraine time and wedding time and she hasn't even earned any vacation days yet! Not that they're paying her for all the time missed but, where are the ethics? Man, I wouldn't have even tried to take time off until after my ninety days were up. It's just the way you do things. It's business etiquette. The folks who hired her are now totally doubting themselves. It's a mess!

I hope this doesn't happen to me too. My person is only part-time, but I feel she needs to be here, devoted to her job for the time that she's here. Is that too much to ask for?

I had a big bowl of hubby's chili last night for dinner and two chicken tenders. It was so yummy! Today, it's our gym's three year anniversary, so they're catering lunch in from Gandolfo's (an Italian deli). It should be good and healthy too. I also stopped at Ross Dress for Less on the way home last night to find some more Lee Jeans. I'm loving the pair I bought last week and wanted to see if I could find a similar pair in blue. I succeeded. I also purchased a cute new dress for the babe (complete with matching hat). She picked it out and this morning was really trying to wear it to school. I squashed that request quickly. That's all I need is a big tear in a brand new $32 dress (okay, I didn't pay that but, you know what I mean).

Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm not sure what to expect. We had a bit of a splurge over the weekend, but not too bad. I've been keeping up with my new, more intense workouts but I'm feeling super bloated. I know if the bloat is still here tomorrow that water is going to have an effect on what I see on the scale. I did, however, receive a nice compliment from a friend I haven't seen in about two years (we correspond mostly through email and the phone). She has not been aware of my new workout regime so, it wasn't an expected compliment. She said, "Oh my gosh! You're so skinny!" Needless to say, I was more than happy to hear that.

0 comments: