Sunday, February 16, 2014

Last One...Last Time

I have my final vial of Ovidac in the fridge to do my 7th and (hopefully) last round. This will be a 23 day go to getting to my wedding weight and staying there. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how things have gone. I'm up a bit (Valentine's weekend) but only by five pounds. The last time I renewed rounds I had gained upwards of 25 pounds and was in desperate shape. I know I have found what works for me and I'm eager to just get these last few stragglers off my body.

The rereading of Pounds and Inches is taking place today. Tomorrow, I start my first injection and will continue through mid-March. I've informed my family, have begun my preparation (prayers included) and am hopeful for the outcome.

Of course, this venue will be my sounding board. I'll communicate what I'm up to, what's going on with my food and how I'm feeling overall. I learned the most about this process from my last round and will actively use that knowledge in this one. Hubby is eager for me to finish so that I can, again, get back to working out with him and making my health and well-being a family affair. When I go this route, it is very much about me and me alone. Granted, I do have my family's support, but they can't take the injections and they can't control what goes into my body.

My outlook is good and I'm feeling very positive. These are definite musts, otherwise disaster would surely strike. Tomorrow is President's day and our President's are leaders and doers. I'll take my cue from them and move forward and swiftly through this round. The daily plate will capture what I'm doing and I will post the information here (as I've done before). For whomever is still following, I hope whatever I share may help you in your efforts as well.

Onward and Upward! (BTW, my post title comes from the movie Twister. The scene where Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton's character discuss sending up the last Dorothy unit into an F5 tornado. I felt it fitting for, what I hope is to be, my final round).

GOALS:

1. To get back to my wedding weight (I was around 166 when I got married. This may seem high to some, but I was comfortable here). Let it be known that I'm pretty comfortable right now and am only seeking out a way to improve and maintain.

2. To be a solid "Medium" in my clothes. I'm no longer interested in being teeny tiny. I like my curves and enjoy looking like a woman. A medium works well for me.

3. To take my slimmer me on a trip to open water (the Virgin Islands would be fabulous! Anyone spot any hot deals, lately?)

4. To rid my lower back of some of the soreness I experience. This isn't necessarily due to the weight, but my lack of proper hydration. This diet forces you to drink water in all the right ways, which will be great for me.

5. To no longer micro-manage what I eat every day of my life. Some days are better than others, but I'm always watching. I'd like to get to a point where I can eat for "joyous nourishment".  In other words, eat to enjoy but only eat to 80% capacity.

0 comments: