Wednesday, February 16, 2005

When This Girl Focuses, She Means It!

Down a pound and a half from yesterday (of course, it could be all the water I packed on during TOM, but who cares! It makes me and the scale much more friendly). I am focused, though. Here's what I had yesterday:

Morning (around 7ish) 1 packet of plain oatmeal with splenda sprinkled on top
1 cup of Nescafe Frothe, Amaretto Cappuccino

Mid-day (around 10:30) - one serving of honey/garlic powder and onion powder pretzels

Lunch (12:30 ish after the gym) - Ginger Tofu Shrimp and rice bowl

Dinner (5:45 ish) - 2 Morning Star Farms Charbroiled "Chik'n" (Soy) patties with BBQ sauce
1 serving of reduced-fat Tostitos

8/8 ounces of water

This was a bit slim, compared to what I normally eat. I usually get in one more snack but missed it. I've got my carrots and apple today. I've almost sucked down 32 ounces of water (I had 16 before I left the house this morning). Overall, I'm sure the eating along with all the water is cleansing me of every naughty tidbit I packed on during the holidays. Let's hope so!

Yesterday, I began working on an online course (offered through our University). I worked for about forty-five minutes and the time just flew! Very different from a traditional classroom. Forty-five minutes in a lecture-led room would have lasted eons and I still would have had ten more minutes worth of lecturing to listen too. This was not the case in my creative writing classes. Those were much more fun and not really lecture-based (but I digress). I'm going to work on some more during my lunch hour today, since I seem to be catching a cold. I'm putting up a good fight, but I can feel the cold in my throat (that's how I know...the scratchy stuff appears in my throat as the first sign, along with the extra thick mucusy feeling (sorry for the visual). Then the sneezing follows soon after, followed by the insistent coughing that hangs on for two weeks or so.). It's snowing right now and I don't want to work out, shower and come out in that weather with a wet head. I'll save it up for this evening and walk on the treadmill instead. At least then I'll be inside. Hopefully, I won't be feeling crappy by then so I can still work in the workout.

I actually have tons of taffy and peanut brittle sitting on my desk to share with folks in my office. I haven't even touched it! The peanut brittle was calling my name, then I just drank down 8 ounces of water really fast. You know, that really works (most of the time). Well, I better get back to work and stuff, since it's so much fun.

0 comments: