Thursday, February 17, 2005

Oh, No! Now I've Got It!

Yesterday morning, I woke up with the the yucky stuff in my throat. I dismissed it as morning phlem, brushed my teeth, gargled and called it good. By around 8ish, the yuck had returned (accompanied by the scratchy feeling I get when a cold is about to settle in on me). After battling for another hour or two, I felt the cold make a home in my throat. Ugh! By the time I got home, I was miserable. I ate soup, a small slice of bread and a bit of Wheat Chex for desert (believe it or not) and followed it with Tylenol Night Time (w/cool burst). I was asleep before the American Idol credits began to roll.

This morning, I woke up still heavy with the meds, and got on the scale (two pounds down from yesterday). Well, I'm sure it's all water weight but, no complaints here. I'm sure I'll level off by tomorrow. For now, I'm still feeling like a zombie and wish I could be home; however, I'll probably get more rest here because if I were at home, the babe would be home with me...driving me absolutely batty and I wouldn't get any rest anyway. Oh, well. Such is the life of a mother. (We also have visitors coming in from out of town in my office. I'm looking better than I feel, that's for sure).

Let's hope the day goes fast so I can go home and go to bed.

0 comments: