Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Feeling a Bit More Like Me

I awakened to a bit more hacking last night, but nothing like the night before. The cold storm is passing and just in time! Our weather, here, is taking a turn for the better. What was initially forecasted as a doom and gloom week, filled with snow and sleet is now predicted to be a sunny, in the 50's kind of week...and I may actually get to enjoy it.

I'm really starting to miss my workouts. I know that I would be making a serious dent in my initial pound dropage this week if only I were busting my butt on the treadmill or elliptical trainer (but this kid isn't crazy. No relapses for me). Hubby was up at 3 this morning doing cardio on the treadmill (he's training for a competition in April). I hope he sees it through. He won his last competition in 2000. I'm not sure if this is a natural or not (the non-naturals do not test for steroids). If it isn't, he will be competing against folks who have used elements other than nature to get bigger. Personally, I think they should all test.

I have no plans for the weekend, but I think it's time to do the babe's hair again. It's looking kind of ratty. She would have the opportunity to audition for a show on Thursday, but we have a dentist appointment (that I had to reschedule and get approved for time off at work), so this audition must not be for her.

Lots of people in my office are turning in their resignations. One gentleman here has been here since (nearly) the inception of the college and his last day is next week. He really got a bum rap from our president and I feel so bad for him on that front, but I am happy that he'll be going somewhere where he feels needed and appreciated. He deserves it. Another lady, of whom I'm pretty good friends with, her last day is Friday. We're taking her to lunch today (Cafe Trang). I can't wait! We both love that place so much and it's not fattening (thank goodness!). I bought her a gift last night at Barnes and Nobel. It's two astrology books with astrology house cards included. She's really gotten into that, so I thought, "What a great thing for her to remember me by". I hope she likes it.

Well, probably should get down to the grind. I'm back-to-back meeting girl today. Yesterday was hellacious! I hope today is a bit more easy going.

0 comments: