Thursday, February 10, 2005

A Sickly Child

That's what I've had for the past few days. Saturday the 5th, we decided to enjoy the unusually warm weather we were experiencing and go to the park. Although thoroughly bundled up, I believe this is how the babe caught her contagion. We went home after about thirty minutes and the following day, after naptime, she had a 102.5 fever. Yikes! I kept her home Monday and watched the fever go up and down, in conjunction with the Children's Motrin I was giving her. As soon as that stuff wore off, she was back in 102 town again, poor thing. Tuesday, it was better and she seemed to be feeling more like herself. Yesterday, I went ahead and took her to daycare, even though she woke up with a 100.9 temp. I called the daycare at around noonish to find out how things were going. All was well and she was currently taking her nap. If anything happens, in terms of her fever, it will happen after nap," the director told me. I received no phone calls and picked up a happy, but very tired babe.

So, I've decided it's time to get serious about this....this weight thing. I've plateaued again and this time, I'm lingering closer to the 170 neighborhood, rather than the 150 like before. I am still eating a bit more and I'm attributing it to the fact that I have gone soup crazy, over the past few days. I don't know what it is about cold weather or beautiful, pristine snowy days that makes me want to gorge on chowdery soups like there's no tomorrow. It's been blissful, but damaging (I know). I've got to get a hold of myself, seriously! Hubby still thinks I don't eat enough. He's probably right, in one respect: I don't eat enough of the right foods. I definitely need more protein and less carbs in my diet. I'm no Atkins or south beach buff. I believe everything in balance, which means you should have a decent amount of carbs; however, I tend to go way overboard in that department. Secondly, I've also noted that I need a good multivitamin, too. I don't get nearly enough of the "good stuff" and hubby has agreed to help me pick out a good one.

Finally, I've got to shake things up with my workouts again. I saw majorly wonderful results when I was doing TheFirm (not the newest, infomercial crazy ones, but the classics). I pay attention because I know the 80's run didn't realize that jarring your joints is not a good thing, so I compensate but I have to say, the earlier ones are the most fun to watch (especially if your an 80's hound like I am). I know that people think the Mansion-like set and over-caked make-up is way over the top, but I think it adds to the charm of the productions. The music is a bit wacky at times too. Who cares! Susan Harris rocks! My butt (and everything else for that matter) never looked better than when I was doing her tapes on a regular basis. (I wish they would convert the old ones to DVD too.) The only thing I hate is that I know my weight loss will stop again, as my body adds muscle. Ugh! The scale will not be my friend for a while.

My plan is to get a fresh start this weekend. I'll begin with Susan's original workout and go half-amped as the informational portion of the tape suggests. There will be two to three days of soreness and I don't want to compound the agony by trying to be Wonder Woman. Then, I will slowly work in the tape a couple of times a week, while continuing my cardio training (I haven't decided how may days a week I will do that. I'll probably stagger it a bit, and give my body time to recover).

Well, I'll keep as current a post as I can while I "shake it up" over here. I do have a mini-goal in mind: to be able to pick out an Easter dress in at least one size smaller than I am now. That gives me a little more than a month. I believe that is totally reasonable.

P.S. Oh, and just to prove that I'm really not a complete moron, the link above does give an option for The Firm, DVD purchase. :-)

0 comments: